Looking to buy deadball? click here
How about Deadball: 1909? Click here
Looking for the game's free supplements? scroll down
Want Deadball news & Free stuff? back me on Patreon
Nine game pennant: 2018 and 1910
The deadline for these is October 31, 2018. If you play through the campaign a second time and get a different result, go ahead and submit that, too! The official winners will be announced in 2019.
What is Deadball?
Deadball is a fast-paced baseball dice game for one or two players that uses real statistics to bring the ballpark to your tabletop. Its elegantly simple rules are intuitive to die-hards and casual fans alike, allowing you to simulate a game between real or imaginary teams in about twenty minutes. Buy the game in PDF or hard copy on DriveThruRPG, and check out the free quickstart guide to get a taste of what the game is all about.
Deadball uses real statistics that every fan knows and understands, like batting average and ERA, allowing new players to pick it up in minutes. Because the game is based directly on real, freely-available stats, you can play as any team you want.
Any. Team. You. Want.
Pit history's greatest teams against each other. Replay seasons from fifty years before you were born. Watch today's all-stars go head-to-head with the legends of the past. Any match-up you can imagine, Deadball will make real.
Don't want to play with real players? Deadball's fast, intuitive character creation system generates players, teams and leagues faster than you can say "Play ball!" The game's rules are easy-to-learn and endlessly customizable, allowing you to remake the game however you see fit.
The main rulebook contains:
- Basic rules for ultra-fast play, and advanced rules for a deeper game
- An introduction to baseball scorekeeping
- A random player table that allows you to roll up a new team in minutes
- Guidelines for creating and running your own league, including rules for new prospects, high-stakes trades, catastrophic injuries and player aging
- Detailed rosters for the legendary Southern Circuit, a fictional league whose story begins here
- The revolutionary Five Tool System, which allows you to create custom-designed players and watch them grow, game after game, season after season
For the dead of winter, for the dead of night, for when your team is dead in the water, Deadball is there.
Click here to download blank scorecards, a quick reference sheet, a custom playmat, and all sorts of other delightful Deadball goodies. There are also nifty user-generated tools on Board Game Geek and at SweetHoss.com.
I've made all sort of supplements to Deadball, some more useful than others. All of them can be found in this folder, or you can download them individually by clicking on the links below.
- Quick Reference: The most essential supplement, this lays out all of the game's most important tables on a single front-and-back sheet, allowing you to play without consulting the rulebook.
- Single Player Scorecard: A blank scoresheet with room for two teams, designed for single player play. Both sides are the same, allowing you to play one game, then flip the sheet over and play another.
- Two Player Scorecard: This scoresheet has the scoring grid on top and space to write your complete roster on the bottom. It's designed for two player play—print one for you and one for your friend.
- Scorecard With Rosters: Another variation on a theme. This is the single player scorecard with space to write the rosters on the back.
- Deadball Quick Start Guide: A kind of demo for Deadball, the quick start lays out a simplified version of the game, and features a scorecard on the back to try it out.
- Deadball Playmat: Designed for those who don't feel like keeping score, the playmat is a handsome alternative to playing with the scorecards.
There's only one supplement that really matters: the official Deadball: 1909 quick reference sheet. Ain't it purty? Print it up, and start rolling now! The classic Deadball scorecards work just fine for the new game.
Southern Circuit Supplements
In addition to the main game materials, I've made a few supplements to support play with the Southern Circuit: the fictional league that comes with the main rulebook.
- Southern Circuit scorecards, with the lineups already filled out
- Southern Circuit scorecards with blank lineups
- Southern Circuit 2017 schedule