Looking to buy deadball? click here
Looking for the game's free supplements? click here
What is Deadball?
Deadball is a fast-paced baseball dice game for one or two players that uses real statistics to bring the ballpark to your tabletop. Its elegantly simple rules are intuitive to die-hards and casual fans alike, allowing you to simulate a game between real or imaginary teams in about twenty minutes. Buy the game in PDF or hard copy on DriveThruRPG, and check out the free quickstart guide to get a taste of what the game is all about.
Deadball uses real statistics that every fan knows and understands, like batting average and ERA, allowing new players to pick it up in minutes. Because the game is based directly on real, freely-available stats, you can play as any team you want.
Any. Team. You. Want.
Pit history's greatest teams against each other. Replay seasons from fifty years before you were born. Watch today's all-stars go head-to-head with the legends of the past. Any match-up you can imagine, Deadball will make real.
Don't want to play with real players? Deadball's fast, intuitive character creation system generates players, teams and leagues faster than you can say "Play ball!" The game's rules are easy-to-learn and endlessly customizable, allowing you to remake the game however you see fit.
The main rulebook contains:
- Basic rules for ultra-fast play, and advanced rules for a deeper game
- An introduction to baseball scorekeeping
- A random player table that allows you to roll up a new team in minutes
- Guidelines for creating and running your own league, including rules for new prospects, high-stakes trades, catastrophic injuries and player aging
- Detailed rosters for the legendary Southern Circuit, a fictional league whose story begins here
- The revolutionary Five Tool System, which allows you to create custom-designed players and watch them grow, game after game, season after season
For the dead of winter, for the dead of night, for when your team is dead in the water, Deadball is there.
Click here to download blank scorecards, a quick reference sheet, a custom playmat, and all sorts of other delightful Deadball goodies. There are also nifty user-generated tools on Board Game Geek and at SweetHoss.com.